- This policy covers how The BusinessMakers treats personal information that the company collects and receives on-line, including information related to your past use of The BusinessMakers products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that The BusinessMakers does not own or to people that The BusinessMakers does not employ or manage, or to information that The BusinessMakers collects offline.
Information Collection and Use
- The BusinessMakers collects personal information when you register with The BusinessMakers or when you use The BusinessMakers products or services, when you visit The BusinessMakers pages or the pages of certain The BusinessMakers partners, and when you enter promotions or contests sponsored by The BusinessMakers. The BusinessMakers may combine information about you that we have collected with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, birth date, zip code and industry. Once you register with The BusinessMakers and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The BusinessMakers may collect information about your transactions with us and with our partners.
- The BusinessMakers automatically receives, records and tracks information about your visits to The BusinessMakers affiliated sites including IP address, visit duration, and the page you request.
- The BusinessMakers may use the information for at least the following general purposes: fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The BusinessMakers may rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other nonaffiliated companies to provide products or services you may be interested in under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claims, and satisfy the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, governmental or legal requests for such information.
- We believe it is necessary to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies.
- We transfer information about you if The BusinessMakers is acquired by or merged with another company.
If you order products directly from the The BusinessMakers enrollment site, we will collect credit card data from you only to process that order or subscription. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
A “cookie” is a small data file that can be placed on your hard drive when you visit certain Web sites.
- The BusinessMakers cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your customer information.
A “Web Beacon” is a small string of code that provides a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. The BusinessMakers uses Web Beacons within to count users who have visited particular pages or to track certain paths through affiliated Web sites. The BusinessMakers uses Web Beacons in the following ways:
- The BusinessMakers may include Web Beacons in HTML-formatted email messages (messages that include graphics) that The BusinessMakers, or its agents, send in order to determine which email messages were opened and to note whether a message was acted upon.
- The BusinessMakers uses Web Beacons on The BusinessMakers affiliated sites to track users and to analyze campaigns.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
The BusinessMakers’ Commitment to Data Security
The BusinessMakers has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, while we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other The BusinessMakers customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
Revisions to This Policy